UNILITE is a water-blocking, semi-dry texture compound designed for filling optical fiber buffer loose tubes.
Applications include telephone, category and other copper data cable and fiber optic cable constructions.
UNILITE is produced by UNIGEL® in Hickory, N.C. and is compatible with most polymers, steel tapes, and FRP's.
- very soft, non-sticky hydrophobic compound
- density from 0.38 to 0.45
- flexible to -50°C (specialty formulations are available to remain flexible down to -60°C)
- non-draining at 80°C and thixotropic for controlled filling at ambient temperature.
- exhibits excellent insulation and electrical properties
- low permittivity, low hydrogen generation, and zero oil separation
- provides excellent resistance to oxidation for long-term stability
UNILITE is considered by some to be a cleaner, more cost effective filling option compared to other gels. To fill the same volume as a conventional gel requires approximately 47% less UNILITE by weight.